Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Blog Post 4

Conditions were not Odysseus’s fault, his crew made mistakes too and lacked loyalty because they didn’t listen to Odysseus sometimes and couldn’t be trusted. In one scene the “‘Back, and quickly! Out to sea again!’ my men were mutinus, fools, on stores of wine”(983, lines 45-48) and that got most of his crew killed even when Odysseus told them to go back in the ships. Another scene the crew lack restraint when Odysseus told them to not eat the cattles here and they did “I caught a sight of our black hull, then savory odors of burnt fat. . .”(1012, lines 896-899) which Odysseus clearly told them not to eat the cattle the crew couldn’t help themselves and didn’t listen. The crew lacked loyalty and restraint in most trips especially loyalty making Odysseus not trust them that much.

In this paragraph above I am reading the Cicones scene and I like this paragraph because I think the quote shows what a very good example of what I'm trying to say. I also like the other quotes and they just fit perfectly. My full paper can be found here https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1vEIcNCpIXE6i6lEC44dzgk9un2r0zdPwZL8ABX3QX8Q

My planning process was doing a paragraph everyday and in class time helped because I can get opinion from my friends. My friends and my writing group change my paper because they gave me their opinions and that helped a lot. I'm going to keep a lot of things and definetly gonna let my friends and writing group give me their advice. I will change my planning.

No comments:

Post a Comment